Welcome to Skillzworld
Hello guest, and welcome to Skillzworld! Register your account and become one of our members. Once signed in, you'll be able to create your own topics and posts.

Mikey Staff Application V3

Mike-Kun, 8th Feb 2020, 9:19pm
You must be logged in to reply.
12th Feb 2020, 12:00amFeb 12 2020
Share this thread
Your application is in a too short period of time since your previous ban, regardless of the votes I'll have to deny it, as it renders you unfit and untrustworthy at the moment for the job.

Thread closed.
With all six stones I can simply snap my fingers and all be banned.
I call that, mercy...
FeelsMadMan
Admin
9th Feb 2020, 6:37pmFeb 09 2020
Share this thread
Hello Mikey,

First I wanna state that the application is very good and solid. If it came solely to the application, I would have given you a +1.
Hwang and Broccoli have already pointed out the small mistakes, so no need to go further in on that. Given that they also stated people deserve second chances, yes some people do deserve a second change.

However, I cannot give you the +1. A lot of stuff has happened regarding the server, and I really feel like you have rushed this application. You said it yourself that it was to rushed and you made the decision to fast, while I see an application the next day. So this is giving me a big ?, since I don't know if you thought this through seriously and good enough. And if you could keep up with being a staff member.

Like Dankyy stated, your application also was very shortly after a ban, done by me. Given that you are also on bad term with multiple staff members, I don't see you contributing anything to the team now and it all being fine and okay in the chat. So to prevent things from happening, I am giving this application a big -1 , sorry.

Maybe in the future when you have earned the trust from every staff member and core back you should re-apply again. For now I am leaving it with this.

Yours truly,
A man that feels mad

Edited,9th Feb 2020, 6:37pm
Dankyy〜
9th Feb 2020, 5:43pmFeb 09 2020
Share this thread
Hi Mikey, thanks for re-applying.

Hwang and Broccoli have gone over the few if any gaps in your staff application and it is clear that you still know what you are doing in that department, so I have no issues with your application as a whole.

My main concern is that this is coming soon after a ban which had been discussed previously in the staff chat and also potential drama that could sprout up in the moderator chat from you being accepted. I believe you when you said you wanted personal issues to remain outside of Skillzworld but I understand you are on really bad terms with a couple of staff members currently which could be a concern in the coming days, especially if things erupt in chat. As of now I think too many staff members are still wary about you being accepted and that you should take some time to prove to people with doubts that you are ready to become a active and helpful member of the community again, if you do this I believe your application will receive far less backlash as a result.

I'll be giving a -1 for now because I think it is too soon after your ban and that you need to prove you are reliable and trustworthy to the cores through other means, but I do think you should give it another shot in the near future. Good luck!
I like three things, crumpets, tea and a gallon of pee.
Dizlin
Owner
9th Feb 2020, 3:32pmFeb 09 2020
Share this thread
We are too **** for you -1
BroccoliBirb
8th Feb 2020, 10:01pmFeb 08 2020
Share this thread
Heya Mikey!
I really have nothing negative to say about your app, everything seems perfectly fine. The only thing I'd like to point out, which you could not have known, since it got recently changed, is that you should not instant gag/mute a player for racist/offensive language. Instead give the player a verbal warn first and if they won't listen, you can do what you've already written before.

I won't get into much detail about the things that have happened. All I can say is that I know you're a good person and I'm convinced, that you'll do a great job as a staff member.
You acknowledged and apologized for your mistakes and you deserve to be given a second chance.

You'll get a +1 from me!

Good luck!
~birb

Edited,8th Feb 2020, 10:06pm
Deadly snacc
Coco OwO
8th Feb 2020, 9:31pmFeb 08 2020
Share this thread
Hello Mikey! I'm glad to see that you reapplied!

I think i don't need to point any mistakes in your application since you were admin before and you have lots of experience in being a staff member, but i'm gonna talk about your behaviour and how you acted before

For sure you acted a little bit aggressive and i don't know the reason why, there's a lot of stuff about you and i hope that it's not true and that you're a good man that doesn't make bad things or wants to create useless drama around here, so many of us(staff members) talked about you and how you were before and if i'm not wrong you even got banned for 1 week for "Admin Abuse" i don't know if it's true or not, i don't have any proof, but as everyone said when someone reapplied i think you still deserve a second chance like everyone of us, you need to show others that you're still trustworthy as a staff and you managed to control your madness against people from the game and server, i'm not saying this because you're a friend of mine, since here we don't do things like that, right now i'm just a moderator that answers someone's application, so if someone feels to say otherwise about it then do it and we'll have a little discussion, so Mikey i hope cores will change their mind and will give you a second chance, even if there's a lot of bad stuff spread about you, you should explain everything when you'll get accepted and i hope you will do it! i trust you and let us know that you're trustworthy and you can do your job again as one of us!.

Also i forgot to give my final answer and my final answer will be a lovely +1 for you Mikey. ^_^

Your Moderator
~ Hwang

Edited,8th Feb 2020, 9:47pm

Through pain, we understand each other's feelings.
8th Feb 2020, 9:19pmFeb 08 2020
Share this thread
Steam name: Mikey
Discord name#0000: Mikey#3187
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:54487441
(Optional) Real name: Mike
(Optional) Sex: Male
Residential country: The Netherlands
Current playtime on Garry's Mod: 2422
Current playtime in Skillzworld: I’m rank 20 (**** Lord), so more than 1 week.
What languages do you speak or are in the process of learning: Dutch and English fluently. Can speak a bit of German and French too.

(Optional) Do you have any previous experience as a moderator: I do. I have been an admin from May till around mid-september on Skillzworld in 2019, but I resigned since I felt it was better for me and also maybe for the server. I have also been staff on multiple sandbox servers in the past.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

(Optional) Who are the staff member(s) that suggested you to apply?
Hwang, Printing and BroccoliBirb.

How active would you be during the week?
Since I have internship from 14:00 till 18:00, I will be mostly on in the morning and in the evening probably everyday. More on Wednesday and in the weekends.

Why would you like to be a Team Member?
I resigned because I felt it was better for me and the server. I am going to be honest, I acted childish and as a dick after I resigned (My apologies) but I took my job serious as a staff member. But recently I have been finding out I kinda miss it, I was on a few days ago and there were some rulebreakers, I wanted to do something but I couldn’t. I miss my powers and I just considered ‘’What if I am going to apply again? I would be able to help again then!’’. I would like to prove myself that I am still worthy of doing my job and helping as much as I can, I am still the same as before and I will take my job serious whenever it’s needed. Most bad things that have been said about me, should be forgotten since most of it is not true, and I am able to show you people that I am still worthy.

Write something about yourself (f.e hobbies, education, favorite games):
I still like to game, read, chill and watch series. Big sucker for the Tomb Raider series and I currently am doing an internship at an after school daycare where I work with kids.

How would you deal with a disrespectful player?
I would first verbally warn them and if they don’t stop I would instantly gag/mute them, then I would ask nicely if they could stop again, and if they don’t stop the next round/map, I’ll gag/mute them again plus a warning, eventually will lead up to a bigger punishment.

How would you deal with a microphone / chat Spammer?
Ask them nicely to stop, if they don’t, repeat the same stuff as you do with a disrespectful player.

A player is ghosting, what do you do in this situation?
Tell the player to stop ghosting, and if they don’t know what ghosting is, I will explain it for them. If the player continues I will gag/mute him/her. If he/she continues in the next map, a gag/mute + a warning will be given as punishment.

A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round, what do you do?
Ask them nicely to go off the VIP spot since it’s 1 minute rule, if they don’t listen, I’ll teleport them or slap them, depends on the spot. If he/she continues again and a slay will occur. Eventually it will include a warning as punishment.

How would you deal with someone prop surfing or blocking?
Ask them to stop propsurfing/blocking. If they are not listening, I will slap them for attention or tp, that depends. If it continues I will slay them. Eventually it will include a warning as punishment.

How would you deal with someone who is prop killing another victims or bears?
Ask if it was intentional, maybe they will tell the truth, but ofcourse always check the logs. If it says a player killed them/they killed, just ask them to stop it. If they do continue however, a slay and warning will be given as punishment.

How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, hacking)?
Get proof of the player threatening the server, permaban the player just in case. Show the evidence you got to the higher ranks and they will decide what happens next.

A Russian player that uses text / voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation?
I’ll ask in English first that he should go to the other chat by saying !allchat, if they don’t listen, I’ll try in Russian, if they still don’t listen I’ll have to force him/her with !movechat. If he/she keeps coming back to bother us (trolling), it’ll be a gag/mute or a kick/warning as punishment.

How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat?
Tell the player to stop avoiding the staff, if he/she doesn’t listen I would punish the player for what he/she has done. Kick plus a warning as punishment.

What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member when spoken to?
If the player isn’t rulebreaking, it’s fine. However, if the player IS rulebreaking, the same thing happens with the rulebreaker that avoids staff. If the player is known for muting staff, it’s a kick + warn as punishment.

A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: f.e spamming, begging), how would you act upon this?
Since muting/gagging isn’t going to help, first verbally ask the person to stop. If he/she continues to keep doing it a kick +warning as punishment.

You see another team member abuse their powers on the server, how would you react to this?
Ask them nicely to stop, if they don’t gather evidence and show it to the higher rank. They will decide what to do then.

A player starts saying offensive things on the server, what do you do in this situation?
Racism or any sort of other offensive stuff is not allowed, the player will immediately get gag/muted and warned as punishment. If he or she continues, a warning plus a kick as punishment. If the situation gets worse, maybe even a ban.

How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server?
Always check if they are time-farming in the first place. If it’s certain they are, kick them for being afk. If the player continues to be afk after rejoining warn + kick him/her as punishment. A ban is also considerable.