Welcome to Skillzworld
Hello guest, and welcome to Skillzworld! Register your account and become one of our members. Once signed in, you'll be able to create your own topics and posts.

My staff application

Xinfoe, 14th Aug 2019, 8:10am
You must be logged in to reply.
❤Yass❤
Head Admin
16th Aug 2019, 3:39pmAug 16 2019
Share this thread
Hi Xinfoe,

Good to see that you have applied, I kindly thank you for this impressive application. I have read the Staff team their comments, have 'scanned' through your application to see if I can spot anything else, thus far. . Nothing really came to mind. You seem like a really kind person, and I think that you can help the team out in any situation. With a little more practice, I am sure you will become a great staff member. Xinfoe... I welcome you to the Skillzworld family!

Congratulations incredible job! Your 14 day trial shall start right now! Good luck!

Yours truly,

Yes

Skillzworld's Head-Administrator.
Moo
14th Aug 2019, 7:56pmAug 14 2019
Share this thread
Hey Xinfoe thanks for applying,

Ribbon and Lunar have already pointed out the minor mistakes so I'm not going to repeat them, but overall, your application is great, no major mistakes thankfully.

Though I don't exactly know you too well, I'm sure you'll be a great staff member just from the looks of your application and the other staff's responses. So, in conclusion, it's a +1 from me.

Good luck to ya!
-Moo
Mike-Kun
Admin
14th Aug 2019, 2:58pmAug 14 2019
Share this thread
Oh look another person I speak to on a daily basis,

I read your whole application and...yeah....it's pretty impressive. I thank Lunar and Ribbon very much for pointing out the mistakes that were not big, they were just little mistakes thankfully. My opinion is that your application is indeed really good, like I already said. I actually never knew you were going to apply or that you were a staff member before, it now makes it more obvious that everyone's response is going to be postive. More experience in the team is always needed.

You are a kind, funny, respectful guy and I love that you're so open about yourself. I would love to see you in our team Xinfoe, it's a +1 from me!
Good luck and have an amazing time on the server!!!

Kind regards,
Mikey (Mouse)
Lunar
14th Aug 2019, 11:04amAug 14 2019
Share this thread
Hello Xinfoe! Thank you For Applying!

Lets Get over to your Application.

A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round. What do you do?
Ill ask the player to get off and if they do ill let it slide but if they dont ill slap them off and see what they will do the next round , if they do it again a warn shall be provided for the player.

This Question is Half Correct, After you slap them off and they stay at a vip spot again, Then You should slay them and then if they still go on, then you will Slay and warn them.

How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server? Ill first ask if they are there and if I dont get a respond ill slap them to seeif they are there if not they will be kicked and if they rejoin immediatly they will get warned for timefarming.

This is Indeed Correct But i Would like to add that, After the Warn they keep Timefarming you shall ask a Higher Rank if you can ban the Person For Timefarming.

Xinfoe, I have only Found Small Mistakes In your Application, The Questions i have not included are 100% Correct, I am Really Impressed.

I will End this Reply with a Obvious

+1

Edited,14th Aug 2019, 7:13pm
14th Aug 2019, 8:35amAug 14 2019
Share this thread
Hey Xinfoe! Thank you for the apply!
I've seen you be a staff on **** before and how you handled it then (with the old rules etc) was really great.
I know you're a veteran so I expect mostly OLD TIMES answers.

How would you deal with a disrespectful player?
Ill ask the player to stop being disrespectful and if he/she doesn't follow my request they shall be warned.

Yeah...But you could always ask why and gag and mute them, and if they still continue after that you can put a warn.

How would you deal with a microphone/chat Spammer?
Ill try to tell them to stop but if they continue I will mute them and if after the mute/gag aka after map-change still goes on they will be warned for mic/chat spam.

Correct.

A player is ghosting. What do you do in this situation?
Ill give the player a verbal warning on that he shouldn't ghost and If the player decides to keep on doing that he/she will be warned.

Correct
But make sure to be considerate. Everyone does not understand what ghosting is.

Ill ask the player to get off and if they do ill let it slide but if they don't ill slap them off and see what they will do the next round , if they do it again a warn shall be provided for the player.

Correct.

How would you deal with someone prop surfing/prop blocking?
Ill ask them to stop and if they don't they will get a slap as a warning after the verbal one I gave, If they still continue a slay command shall be followed up and if they do it again next round they will be warned.

Correct.
Again, make sure the player understands what they're doing wrong (in case they don't understand English completely etc)

How would you deal with someone who is prop killing another victim/bear?
First off all I will check if it was an actively kill and not just an accident and if it turns out it was on purpose they will be slayn and get a warning.

Correct.
It's always good to be considerate with some players since it can easily happen.

How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, hacking)?
I would take screenshots or another kind of evidence and show it to higher ups in case I don't have to power to perma-ban but If I had he would be perma-ban for threatening the server.

Correct, always bring evidence into the picture. (no pun intended)

A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation? Ill ask the Russian player to or ,1 speak English or 2 return to the Russian chat and if he/she doesn't ill move them back with the command to change chats if that's available. If it seems i cant the player will be gagged/muted.

Correct.
Again, be considerate as the russian player might not understand english to a 100%.

How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)?
Ill message him in private or follow him in that chat and if the player doesn't want to cooporate he/she will be punished accordingly to what rule they have broken.

Correct.
You shouldn't have to chase him through chat by doing !allchat command, it's unneccessary. But doing PSAY is far more easier and more cleaner.
So just think abt that.

What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules?
I would try to confront him/her about it and if seems that they really dont want to listen they will get a punishment for what they did wrong.

Yes but actually no ^^'
You do the same as in your previous answer. You PSAY the person and if they still don't listen, that's where you give them their warning accordingly.

A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: f.e spamming, begging). How would you act upon this?
Ill ask the person to stop doing that and if it still goes on they will get a mute bestowed upon them and if after the mute he starts again he will get a warn ontop of it also.

Correct.

You see another team member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this?
I would take evidence (screenshots, video,etc) and go to a higher ranked person to tell him/her about the misuse of power coming from that person so they can handle it accordingly.

Correct.
Providing evidence is really important in this scenario!

A player starts saying offensive/racist things on the server. What do you do in this situation?
They will get muted/gagged and warned for saying those words.

Correct.
Remember to always INSTA gag/mute, no mercy for people who says offensive/racist things!

How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server?
Ill first ask if they are there and if I don't get a respond ill slap them to seeif they are there if not they will be kicked and if they rejoin immediatly they will get warned for timefarming.

Correct.
(You can always slap them first to see how they react to the slap. If they seem confused or starts moving, they could've been doing something or just not noticed a new round started bec of an ALT+TAB.
If you're unsure if a person is timefarming do "AFK/timefarming"
If they rejoin immediatly, make sure to see if they do it again or not. Don't warn them immediatly when they come back since people can also be afk.)

In conclusion
I've seen you as a staff before WAAAAAY back in the early days of both RL and SW...So I know you're a veteran
I'm sure that if you get the trusted rank, You can update yourself on the rules by reading #guidlines on discord.

You get the +1 from me. Good luck

XOXO Ribbon <3

Edited,14th Aug 2019, 8:40am
Have a nice day!
Xinfoe
Trusted Trial
14th Aug 2019, 8:10amAug 14 2019
Share this thread
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:129802855
Steam Name: Xinfoe
(Optional) Real Name: Jari
(Optional) Sex: Male
Residential Country: Belgium
Current playtime on Garry's Mod: 2242h
Current playtime in Skillzworld:1w 0d 22h
What languages do you know or you are in the process of learning: I can speak French, English and Dutch

Notice: You require playtime of 3 days on Skillzworld to apply!
Notice: To apply you need to know basic English in order to communicate with other staff mambers (you shouldn't have to Google translate your entire application)*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Optional) Who are the staff member(s) that suggested you to apply? /

How active would you be during the week? During school time mostly after 17:00 and during vacation after 11:00.

Why would you like to be a Team Member? I would like to be a member because I was already before and decided to take a break and I want to be again and nalso because I've started playing again on pbear and I want to be able to help the server so everyone can have fun.

Write something about yourself (f.e hobbies, education, favourite games): I like playing alot of games like world of Warcraft or Overwatch. On Overwatch I am a support main so if anyone wants too play hit me up^^. As what I do IRL i study Psychologie and the understanding of how the brain works. I am also a good listener and you can Always go to me if you have any problem with yourself or someone else and ilkl Always give an honnest opinion. I can also be very sassy but if I'm sassy with you thatdoesn't mean I hate you its because I like you that I am sassy with you.

Notice: You need to be active on the forums, server and Discord.
For the server, you need to have a certain number of logins as a requirement. This is shown below.
 • 30 logins a week is the minimum requirement to be considered active on the server
 • 100 logins a month is the minimum requirement to be considered active on the server
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
= Answer the following questions/statements =

How would you deal with a disrespectful player? Ill ask the player to stop being disrespectful and if he/she doesn't follow my request they shall be warned.

How would you deal with a microphone/chat Spammer? Ill try to tell them to stop but if they continue I will mute them and if after the mute/gag aka after mapchange still goes on they will be warned for mic/chat spam.

A player is ghosting. What do you do in this situation? Ill give the player a verbal warning othat he shouldn't ghost and If the player decides to keep on doing that he/she will be warned.

Ill ask the player to get off and if they do ill let it slide but if they dont ill slap them off and see what they will do the next round , if they do it again a warn shall be provided for the player.
How would you deal with someone prop surfing/prop blocking? Ill ask them to stop and if they dont they will get a slap as a warning after the verbal one I gave, If they still continue a slay command shall be followed up and if they do it again next round they will be warned.

How would you deal with someone who is prop killing another victim/bear? First off all I will check if it was an actively kill and not just an accident and if it turns out it was on purpose they will be slayn and get a warning.

How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, hacking)? I woulkd take screenshots or another kind of evidence and show it to higher ups incase I dont have to power to permaban but If I had he would be permaband for threatening the server.

A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation? Ill ask the Russian player to or ,1 speak English or 2 return to the Russian chat and if he/she doesnt ill move them backwith the command to change chats if thats available. If it seems i cant the player will be gagged/muted.

How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)?Ill messaage him in private or follow him in that chat and if the player doesn't want to cooporate he/she will be punished accordingly to what rule they have broken.

What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules? I would try to confront him/her about it and if seems that they really dont want to listen they will get a punishement for what they did wrong.

A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: f.e spamming, begging). How would you act upon this? Ill ask the person to stop doing that and if it still goes on they will get a mute bestowed upon them and if after the mute he starts again he will get a warn ontop of it also.

You see another team member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this? I would take evidence (screenshots, video,etc) and go to a higher ranked person to tell him/her about the misuse of power coming from that person so they can handle it accordingly.

A player starts saying offensive/racist things on the server. What do you do in this situation? Th eywill get muted/gagged and warned for saying those words.

How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server? Ill first ask if they are there and if I dont get a respond ill slap them to seeif they are there if not they will be kicked and if they rejoin immediatly they will get warned for timefarming.
= Terms & rules =

Is all the information you filled out above correct? Yes
Did you read the rules and understand them? Yes
As a team member you need to prepare yourself by reading the #guidelines channel in Discord. Will you do so? I have read them but I will read them again.
Did you read and understand the set requirements and rules for staff members? Yes I did

As a Team Member you need to join the Skillzworld Discord server. Will you join? I joined the discord
What is your Discord#0000? Xinfoe #8596
Are you in our Steam group? Yes

Notice: The trail for moderator is 2 weeks, you will be put in as Trusted during this time

Edited,14th Aug 2019, 8:12am