Welcome to Skillzworld
Hello guest, and welcome to Skillzworld! Register your account and become one of our members. Once signed in, you'll be able to create your own topics and posts.

staff application by ribbon

Ribbon Wishes, 17th Jul 2019, 9:15pm
You must be logged in to reply.
DopeAssDinosaur
Discord Manager
DopeAssDinosaur
Discord Manager
20th Jul 2019, 12:06amJul 20 2019
Share this thread
Hey Ribbon.

Everthing has been covered and all votes were positive like the final vote.
Welcome on the team, please allow up some time for the changes to take effect. Your trial will run from 20 July till 3 August.
Nyan
VIP
18th Jul 2019, 5:47pmJul 18 2019
Share this thread
Hey Ribbon
Sorry for my late reply on your application. I think everyone has covered everything here already. As Danky said, you are pretty much already awesome at inforcing the rules and I am sure your trial will advance. :) Good Luck!
I also want to thank Yass and Mikey for pointing out the situations, problems and issues.
18th Jul 2019, 9:03amJul 18 2019
Share this thread
Hello Ribbon!

Thanks for applying!

As Yass has highlighted, you know how to respond to almost all situations already. It is likely that this can be attributed to your past as staff on the server as well as how long you have been part of the community - two factors that I believe would contribute to you being a great staff member.

There is nothing much to say as you are practically already Skillzworld's unofficial staff member with enforcing rules and offering assistance on the GMOD server and Discord simultaneously and I am sure your trial would advance smoothly.

Since you were staff during the stone age of Skillzworld, you can easily get yourself up to date via the #guidelines page on the discord upon receiving a staff rank to update yourself on the slight changes/additions made since, so there are practically no other issues I can think of in regards to you operating as a staff member.

Apologies about the formatting, typing on an IPad is a pain.

I will therefore be giving this application a +1 for the aforementioned reasons and everything already covered by Yass and Mikey.

Good luck!
“ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪsɴ’ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛʟʏ…ʙᴜᴛ ᴍᴇʀᴇʟʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ.
       ʙᴏʟᴅʟʏ, ᴡɪʟᴅʟʏ, ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟʟʏ, ᴜɴᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴʟʏ, ɪᴍᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛʟʏ,
       ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ.” ― ᴍᴀɴᴅʏ ʜᴀʟᴇ"
18th Jul 2019, 1:50amJul 18 2019
Share this thread
Hey Patricia! (Ribbon),

I also read through your whole application and saw some itsy bitsy tiny mistakes, but Yass has already pointed those out. Thanks Yass! Your application looks good and it shows that you really put some effort it in. From what I know, you're a great person and I saw you helping sometimes with some Trusted people in the **** chat on Discord, which was very kind of you. I totally think you're up to the challenge and would love to welcome you into our team! It's a +1from me! Good luck and see you on the server!

Kind regards,
Mikey (Mouse)

❤Yass❤
Head Admin
18th Jul 2019, 1:34amJul 18 2019
Share this thread
Hey Ribbon!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How would you deal with a disrespectful player?
Well I'd tell the disrespectful player to stop being disrespectful and if he or she doesn't listen, I'd gag or mute, and if it's really REALLY disrespectful I'd give em a warn and give the higher ups a status of the person if they'd meet that certain player

Feedback: This is quite impressive to read, you really are going along in the right way. But it just misses a small detail, you should indeed inform the staff-team about a player that actually constantly is disrespectful. But don’t forget the fact about warning the player, if they happen to continue after mapchange, further a do, this answer was fine.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How would you deal with a microphone/chat Spammer?
I'd gag or mute, and depending on what they are spamming, I'd warn them.

Feedback: Now, this is tricky. I do indeed agree, but be specific with an example, because if someone would spam something really racist on mic. Then yes, this warn would be valid. But if it’s just music, don’t warn them. Just warn them when they continue after mapchange (This is just an example, it counts for more. But mainly with racial/truly offensive slurs, it’s an insta warn + gag/mute).

A player is ghosting. What do you do in this situation?
I would tell this person to stop ghosting about where a player is, and if they don't listen gag/mute it and if they continue after that I guess it'd be a warn there too.

Feedback: Correct, just make sure to explain it to the player if they don’t understand.

A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round. What do you do?
I'd tell them to go down, if they don't listen, I would slap them down from the spot and if they continue going on the vip spots and staying there I'd warn them about staying in those spots after 1 minute

Feedback: I think the 2nd part of the ladder before the top (the warn) Should be a slay, just to make sure the player understands that it’s the real deal, that you are not just joking around. But I like this answer as well so I won’t be too harsh.

How would you deal with someone prop surfing/prop blocking?
I'd tell them to stop + slap them, if they don't listen I'll slay them.

Feedback: Correct, if they do this too much. Warn them, if they keep doing it. Kick them, and if it gets too bad. Just ban them, because then it means that they are ‘grieving’ / ‘trolling’. And make sure to insist the team about it.

How would you deal with someone who is prop killing another victim/bear?
I'd tell them to stop first and if they don't listen after some times I'd warn them (since sometimes it can be accidents aswell)

Feedback: Correct, make sure to do the same above if it seems to happen too much, and if they do it on purpose of course.

How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, hacking)?
I would warn them for the threats, probably ban (if I have that ability) and then report to the higher ups fast as possible.

Feedback: Correct, just make sure to collect evidence beforehand!

A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation?
I'd tell them to do !allchat or force move them into their own chat again.

Feedback: Correct, if it seems like they are trolling just make sure to gag them, warn them if it happens too much and if it definitely seems on purpose.

How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)?
I can always privately message them on PB (psay) and if they still don't listen I do what I've to do (depending on which rule they break etc)

What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules?
I'd do my previous answer.

A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: f.e spamming, begging). How would you act upon this?
Tell them to stop and if they don't stop I could warn them about it

Feedback: Of course, but if it gets too much. Honestly, I wouldn’t a kick, and if it really gets too much then you know, just ban them.

You see another team member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this?
I would try to get evidence about it and then show it to a higher up, Admins/HOA

A player starts saying offensive/racist things on the server. What do you do in this situation?
Instant warn and a mute/gag.

How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server?
I'd slap them to see if that's the case, and if I see they actually are time farming I'd kick them for it.

Feedback: Correct, just always make sure to insist the team about this event when it happens too much with the same player!
Conclusion: I am impressed, even though this application misses a small amount of detail: It can easily be picked up during the trials, and in my opinion you are definitely ready and stuck time in writing this impressive application, in my opinion you are welcome to the team. Congratulations you receive a +1 from me! Good luck, and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Yass~

Edited,18th Jul 2019, 1:37am
17th Jul 2019, 9:15pmJul 17 2019
Share this thread
Steam ID: 76561198055226585 (WibbonRishes)
Steam Name: Ribbon
(Optional) Real Name: Patricia
(Optional) Sex: Girl
Residential Country: Sweden
Current playtime on Garry's Mod: 2290 hours
Current playtime in Skillzworld: 2w 3d
What languages do you know or you are in the process of learning: I know Swedish, English and a little bit of russian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Optional) Who are the staff member(s) that suggested you to apply?
Noone :P

How active would you be during the week?
When I don't have school it's from when I wake up to bed time or times when I'm needed < (I'll always say if I can't go on)
When I've school it'd have to be after 17:00 or 18:00 (Swedish time)

Why would you like to be a Team Member?
Well I've been a staff member before here on PB! and I love helping people when they have questions or need help in general. Since I know most of the answers from being a staff previously, I have helped some people with questions when staff aren't online, but I'd like to be able to help more which is the reason I apply

Write something about yourself (f.e hobbies, education, favourite games):
Well, I'm going the 2nd year in high school and I go to an art school, I desire to be an artist
I have a cat namned Matrix and she means the most to me
My favorite games are Orange juice, gmod and puyo puyo tetris
I love chatting with people and are gladly talking withchu about your problems bec I don't write what you need to hear, just the hard truth.
I love to listen to music and I sing sometimes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How would you deal with a disrespectful player?
Well I'd tell the disrespectful player to stop being disrespectful and if he or she doesn't listen, I'd gag or mute, and if it's really REALLY disrespectful I'd give em a warn and give the higher ups a status of the person if they'd meet that certain player

How would you deal with a microphone/chat Spammer?
I'd gag or mute, and depending on what they are spamming, I'd warn them.

A player is ghosting. What do you do in this situation?
I would tell this person to stop ghosting about where a player is, and if they don't listen gag/mute it and if they continue after that I guess it'd be a warn there too.

A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round. What do you do?
I'd tell them to go down, if they don't listen, I would slap them down from the spot and if they continue going on the vip spots and staying there I'd warn them about staying in those spots after 1 minute

How would you deal with someone prop surfing/prop blocking?
I'd tell them to stop + slap them, if they don't listen I'll slay them.

How would you deal with someone who is prop killing another victim/bear?
I'd tell them to stop first and if they don't listen after some times I'd warn them (since sometimes it can be accidents aswell)

How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, hacking)?
I would warn them for the threats, probably ban (if I have that ability) and then report to the higher ups fast as possible.

A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation?
I'd tell them to do !allchat or force move them into their own chat again.

How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)?
I can always privately message them on PB (psay) and if they still don't listen I do what I've to do (depending on which rule they break etc)

What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules?
I'd do my previous answer.

A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: f.e spamming, begging). How would you act upon this?
Tell them to stop and if they don't stop I could warn them about it

You see another team member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this?
I would try to get evidence about it and then show it to a higher up, Admins/HOA

A player starts saying offensive/racist things on the server. What do you do in this situation?
Instant warn and a mute/gag.

How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server?
I'd slap them to see if that's the case, and if I see they actually are time farming I'd kick them for it.
Have a nice day!