Welcome to Skillzworld
Hello guest, and welcome to Skillzworld! Register your account and become one of our members. Once signed in, you'll be able to create your own topics and posts.

DanielB's Application Form

DB, 16th Jul 2019, 7:12pm
You must be logged in to reply.
DopeAssDinosaur
Head Admin
18th Jul 2019, 12:10amJul 18 2019
Share this thread
Hello DanielB,

I believe all of your mistakes were pointed out by everyone beneath, your application seems straight forward and I don't think that you are quite ready for it yet. I'm sorry, but your application is denied. You're free to re-apply in the short future and I'm sure it will be spotless if you follow the advice everyone gave, try to look at some staff members to see how they handle certain situations, untill then Daniel.
Dankyy〜
Admin
17th Jul 2019, 3:04pmJul 17 2019
Share this thread
Hello Daniel, thanks for applying.

Thanks to the previous staff members for covering the application in detail.

If you would still like to be a staff member then there is nothing to stop you from re-applying following two weeks after this application is closed. Take Yass's and Hwang's deductions and use their comments to improve your future application and as Mikey has noted, every extra detail goes a long way in judging your application.

It will be a -1 this time round but I am sure you can easily smash the application next time round providing there are no complaints about your behaviour on the server.

Good luck.
“ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪsɴ’ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛʟʏ…ʙᴜᴛ ᴍᴇʀᴇʟʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ.
       ʙᴏʟᴅʟʏ, ᴡɪʟᴅʟʏ, ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟʟʏ, ᴜɴᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴʟʏ, ɪᴍᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛʟʏ,
       ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ.” ― ᴍᴀɴᴅʏ ʜᴀʟᴇ"
DB
VIP
17th Jul 2019, 1:19amJul 17 2019
Share this thread
Sorry for my dyslexia and i do agree this was a pretty bad application.
When i make a new Applicatoin i wil try to make it bether.
thank you for correcting my Application, becouse there was some things i did not know yet.

DanielBツ
Mike-Kun
Admin
16th Jul 2019, 11:47pmJul 16 2019
Share this thread
Hello there common Dutchie DanielB!,

Two other staff members corrected your mistakes and in my opinion the mistakes you made were pretty big. I am not sure what your situation is, or if you have dyslexia, but in my opinion (Sorry for the straightforwardness) it doesn't look like you put a lot of effort in this application, and if you did, I'm very sorry. I really want you to try it the next time with more detail and care in your application, cause you are a great guy and would love to see you in our team. But for now it's unfortunately a -1! Good luck and see you on the server!

Kind regards,
Mikey (Mouse)

Edited,17th Jul 2019, 12:19am
❤Yass❤
Head Admin
16th Jul 2019, 11:28pmJul 16 2019
Share this thread
Hey DanielBツ,

How would you deal with a disrespectful player?
i will tell them to stop if they dont i wil gag/mute if they keep doing it next round gag/mute and a warning

Feedback: You're following the right path, yet it still appears that you miss a small part. You first indeed start with a verbal warning, when the player doesn't take it while you did warn them (I'd say make it 3 verbal warnings, but it depends of course! It also really depends on the player their statistics.
We should always be lenient with the NEW players, those who have records on their backs must be punished asap, etc.) Once said player is punished with a gag/mute; the gag/mute shall be active for the WHOLE map till mapchange. And only when they continue during this event, only then you must punish them (gag/mute) + warn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How would you deal with a microphone/chat Spammer?
gag/mute and tell them stop if they keep doing it a warning

Feedback: Correct, yet make sure to warn them before punishing. And like said above, only warn them after they have proven theirselves to be worse when they continue spamming the next map.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A player is ghosting. What do you do in this situation?
tell them to stop doing it if they dont a warning

Feedback: Again, following the right path but forgetting an important detail. Let's say said player doesn't understand what ghosting means and has no idea what rule they may be breaking? You always have to make sure to be ready to explain
to the player what 'ghosting' means. When that's done, and the player seems to be ignorant and continues ghosting. Only then punish them with a gag/mute. And of course warn them next map once they may continue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round. What do you do?
ask them to get away from the spot if they dont i wil slap them

Feedback: Correct, just a little reminder: If said player keeps doing this and you recognize their names, a slay would also be valid. But only when said player seems to do this a lot!
How would you deal with someone prop surfing/prop blocking?
tell them to stop if they dont a warning

Feedback: I'd verbally warn them, maybe a slap to get the message clear. And if they happen to not follow the warning you have given, then you should slay them. If they keep doing this, only then !warn them
How would you deal with someone who is prop killing another victim/bear?
warn them instantly and tell them to stop doing it

Feedback: Sadly you miss a lot of detail in this one: When a player happens to propkill another player, and it is clear that it's on purpose: Please try to communicate with the player before punishing them. Once communicated, and they still happen to ignore your verbal warning. Only then you may warn them, and if they go rogue: Slay. And if they really get out of hand, then you always may discuss plans with the team. But so far that's unheard of.
How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, hacking)?
i wil ban them

Feedback: This is too straight forward, make sure to collect evidence before you do this. Get chatlogs (preferably screenshots, etc.) Once banned, make sure to fill in the team about the event and see if they agree with keeping the ban on their record, or not.

A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation?
i wil tel them to move back to the chat or speak english if they keep speaking russian move them

Feedback: Correct, although if they keep returning after you have moved them: Just gag/mute them. And of course when they do this as well next map, !warn them.
How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)?
warn them for avoiding staff

Feedback: Yes, that is very true. But it depends on the certain rule they have broken, why would they avoid you in the first place? Make sure to know what you're doing in such situations, sure. A warn could be good, but it still wouldn't make the player realize their mistakes

What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules?
warn them for ignoring staff

Feedback: Make sure to also punish them if they keep ignoring (the punishment shall depend on the rule, for example: Someone that's micspamming, and they just keep on spamming but they have you muted: If this is so, then they should be muted AND warned.)
A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: f.e spamming, begging). How would you act upon this?
tell them to stop spamming/begging in admin chat if they dont stop mute them

Feedback: Sadly this isn't an option, since the player will always be able to trigger it. Make sure to get a hold of what they are trying to tell you, if the information is useless and a waste of effort then you may kick them, if they'd happen to return and keep on the troll: Ban them, and collect evidence if necessary. Just to be save.
You see another team member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this?
go to a higher staff and tell them what is going on

Feedback: That's good, just make sure to collect evidence before contacting them!

A player starts saying offensive/racist things on the server. What do you do in this situation?
gag/mute and warn them

How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server?
warn and kick them from the server

Feedback: Correct, if this event keeps occuring. Ban them, and try to fill the other staff in about the incident.

Conclusion: I don't think you're ready yet, I am sorry if this sounds disappointing in you. Although this application was a really good effort, I can see that you really tried your best. But this is my opinion and my perspective of this application, so do not worry about it. I am sure that you'll make it, just not right now in my opinion. You seem too straight-forward, when you're part of the staff-team. You have to look at situations a different way, look in to the choices that you can make and keep the detail in mind.
But I sadly do not see that in your application, yet. What I mean by that, is that you can improve. Just make sure to watch the staff very closely, note stuff down and return when you think you're ready. I believe in you, and I am sure that the rest of the team does the same! It's a -1 from me, but good luck!
Coco OwO
VIP
16th Jul 2019, 11:27pmJul 16 2019
Share this thread
Hello Daniel,
Let's see your application(also it's my first time doing this)

i will tell them to stop if they dont i wil gag/mute if they keep doing it next round gag/mute and a warning.

If you could explain more and give us some details would be very good but i think everything is okay here.

gag/mute and tell them stop if they keep doing it a warning.

You need to told them to stop first! if they don't stop, mute him, and if they keep doing it mute him again and apply a warn. (also , give us more details).

You are not warning them! you have the mute/gag commands, if they don't stop to ghost just apply a gag/mute on the fellow player and in the next map he is still ghosting, apply a warn.

Well that's correct but you are not slapping them for the rest of the maps right? you can slay them if they continue to stay in the vip spot in the last minutes.

Tell them to stop but don't warn them, try to apply a slap and if the propblocker still propblocking just apply a slay, same as propsurfing.

Incorrect, If they are propkilling another victim/bear, you should apply a slay and if he still propkilling apply a warn for Prop Killing.

How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, hacking)?
i wil ban them

after you ban him,you should gather some evidence for higher ranks, give them some photos or a video and let the higher ranks to do their move.

A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation?
i wil tel them to move back to the chat or speak english if they keep speaking russian move them

That's okay, but you should tell him to !allchat too, after that if he continues just apply a gag and a warning on him.

How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)?

Our players need to respect the staff, if the rule breaker doesn't stop make sure to apply a kick or even a warn.

What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules?

Same as above, but you are not warning them instantly, just make sure that the rule breaker is not ignoring you and if he ignores you just apply a kick or a warn.

A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: f.e spamming, begging). How would you act upon this?

That's okay but if he doesn't stop apply a gag/mute and if he still continues you can apply the same procedure but applying a warn too.

You see another team member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this?

Tell to the team member to stop immediately if he still continues gather some evidence for the higher ranks Admins or Head of Staff.

A player starts saying offensive/racist things on the server. What do you do in this situation?
gag/mute and warn them

You got it but if he continues next map you are not keep gag/mute him, if next map still continues to say racists things, make sure to apply a kick or even a temporary ban.

You should kick him after successive rounds of being afk but if they re-join make sure to apply a warn and a kick for Pointfarming or even a Temporary ban!

Well you should play as a player for a little more time and get more experience, you need to give us more informations on how you proceed on doing these things.

Sorry but it's a -1 from me.

Hwang-

Der Teufel is der Feind von God, aber wir sind die Verbundeten des Teufels
DB
VIP
16th Jul 2019, 7:12pmJul 16 2019
Share this thread
Steam ID: 76561198080254583
Steam Name:DanielBツ
(Optional) Real Name:Daniel
(Optional) Sex:
Residential Country: netherlands
Current playtime on Garry's Mod:1145
Current playtime in Skillzworld:288
What languages do you know or you are in the process of learning: dutch and english
im learning german

Notice: You require playtime of 3 days on Skillzworld to apply!
Notice: To apply you need to know basic English in order to communicate with other staff mambers (you shouldn't have to Google translate your entire application)*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Optional) Who are the staff member(s) that suggested you to apply?

How active would you be during the week? 2 hours everyday

Why would you like to be a Team Member? becouse i dont see any staff arround at my times

Write something about yourself (f.e hobbies, education, favourite games):
i like longboarding, gaming, and it

Notice: You need to be active on the forums, server and Discord.
For the server, you need to have a certain number of logins as a requirement. This is shown below.
 • 30 logins a week is the minimum requirement to be considered active on the server
 • 100 logins a month is the minimum requirement to be considered active on the server
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
= Answer the following questions/statements =

i will tell them to stop if they dont i wil gag/mute if they keep doing it next round gag/mute and a warning
gag/mute and tell them stop if they keep doing it a warning
i wil ban them
gag/mute and warn them