Welcome to Skillzworld
Hello guest, and welcome to Skillzworld! Register your account and become one of our members. Once signed in, you'll be able to create your own topics and posts.

Ameme's Moderator Application

Anim-Step, 26th Jun 2019, 9:04pm
You must be logged in to reply.
27th Jun 2019, 9:53amJun 27 2019
Share this thread
Hey Anim, nice to see you reapplying. The staff have voted on your application and as it seems to be positive i will accept you to staff. Congratulations you will be on your trial for two weeks. Good luck!

Steam Profile
    [*]Worth: 3554€

[*]Games owned: 371

[*]Hours on record: 16,739.0h

27th Jun 2019, 9:41amJun 27 2019
Share this thread
Hey Anim!

I believe that Danky and Mikey went through your application and it looks fine! That'll be a +1 from me too. Good luck m8
26th Jun 2019, 10:55pmJun 26 2019
Share this thread
The staff already mention everything, you were a great admin, if you're active back then there is not problem +1 Good Luck.
Dankyy〜
26th Jun 2019, 10:15pmJun 26 2019
Share this thread
Hello Anim!

First of all, thanks for applying!

I'll go quickly through your responses now.

==================================================

Disrespectful Player: Correct!

Mic Spam: Correct!

Ghosting: Correct again!

VIP Spot: Correct! Although I'd add that you can warn them the next time they go into the VIP spot providing they were already slain for it in a previous round. Slaying should have given them the general idea and you don't need to wait 2-3 rounds.

Prop Surfing/Blocking: Correct!

Prop kiling: Slay them the first time unless it is very evident it was accidental (confirmed this with Yari as someone told me otherwise before). Rest is Correct!.

Threatening the server: Correct!

Russian in English chat: Use !movechat to help our Russian friends first in case they need the push. If they return then you can gag/mute like you stated.

Rule breaker switching channels: Correct!

Mute and ignoring staff: Correct!

Admin chat misuse: Correct!

Staff abuse: Correct! You may want to verbally warn them if it's only something minor but that's your choice.

Racism: Correct!

Time-farming: Correct! but I would warn them the second time you have to kick them for being AFK in case there was an emergency.

Your application is practically flawless with only a few things to nit-pick here and there so it is clear that you know how to react to the majority of the situations, especially the common ones. Furthermore you were a previous staff member on Skillzworld and know lots of individuals on the team so that grants you a bonus cookie.

I will be giving you a +1 you pleasant human being.

Good luck!

Edited,27th Jun 2019, 12:02am
I like three things, crumpets, tea and a gallon of pee.
26th Jun 2019, 10:12pmJun 26 2019
Share this thread
Hey Anim,

All things taken in consideration, I found your app fantastic and I don't really see a lack in information.

So by that I grant you my personal +1. Good luck!
Redd
VIP
26th Jun 2019, 9:56pmJun 26 2019
Share this thread
Hello, Anim!

Mike has put most of the mistakes and you had more correct that incorrect. +1 for me, Goodluck! Btw I really never see you on the server (never) hopefully this will make you be more active
~Redd~
Nyan
VIP
26th Jun 2019, 9:40pmJun 26 2019
Share this thread

Mike-Kun - Wrote

Alright, that was it, you have to many errors it's a -1, bye.......

I know its Anim, but I don't think you should make these jokes on applications.
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
26th Jun 2019, 9:36pmJun 26 2019
Share this thread
Hey Ameme (Or you know, Jonathan hihi),

I read through your application and there are some minor mistakes, no major ones thankfully, I'll note them down here:

- A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round. What do you do? : I'd ask them to get off the spot, and explain that it's a VIP spot and under 1 minute. If they either ignore me or continue it the round after, I'd slap them off the spot and tell them to not go up there again. If they continue after that, I'd slay them then warn them for it. If they continue this 2 or 3 more times I'd warn and kick them, if they continue after that, warn and ban them for 1-2 days. (You can slay them in the same round if they continue, if they do it the 2nd time slay+ warn time, and the rest is correct.)

- How would you deal with someone Prop Surfing/Prop Blocking? : I'd tell them to stop it as it's against the rules in case they're unaware of it. If they continue I'd slap them or attempt to remove the props and tell them not to do it once again. If they do it again I'd slay them and then warn them for it. After 2-3 more times I'd warn and kick them, and if they continue after that, I'd warn and ban them for 1-2 days. (You got the first part right, actually everything is right, but if the player keeps propblocking in the same round, be sure to slay them too, but not warn them yet. The 2nd time is a warn and slay. The rest is right )

- How would you deal with someone who is Prop Killing another victim/bear? : I'd tell them off and say it's against the rules. If they continue after that then I'd slay then and warn them. If they continue to do this 2 or 3 more times then I'd warn and kick them. If they come back and continue after that I'd warn and ban them for 1-2 days. (Be sure to look at the #****-admin channel on Discord to be sure it was propkill, if it was slay the person, if he continues the next round slay them again and warn them, and yeah the rest is right.)

- A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation? : I'd tell them to not use the English chat and tell them to go back to the Russian chat if they wish to speak in Russian. If they refuse and continue to speak Russian, I'd mute/gag them until map change and tell them again to use Russian chat to speak Russian. If they do this 2-3 more times I'd warn and kick them. (Use !movechat on the person, don't gag/mute them, if they continue, then yes.)

- You see another Team Member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this? : I'd take screenshots or video proof of the abuse and take this proof to higher staff. (Ask the team member to stop first, if he doesn't then do that

- How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server? : I'd wait for 2-3 rounds to check if they are timefarming and then warn and kick them if they are. If they come back and continue after this I'd warn and ban them for 1-2 days and notify Core or Head Admin to reset the Player's points and playtime. (The player can also just be afk, so don't warn them yet, if they immediately join back and are afk again, then yes, warn that person.)

Alright, that was it, you have to many errors it's a -1, bye.......

No, I'm kidding. The mistakes you made in your application are minor, and I don't really see an issue with it tbh. You are a lovely guy, you are kind, supportive and a great friend. Just a little more activity would be nice, but I trust you completely. I want to see you in our team, cause I think you'll do amazing again! You have a +1 from me buddy! Good luck and have fun on the server!! The spots may be full tho, so I don't know, but let's wait it out! :)

Kind regards,
Mikey (Mouse)

26th Jun 2019, 9:04pmJun 26 2019
Share this thread
Information about you:

Steam ID (e.g. STEAM_0:0:11101): STEAM_0:1:117704802
Steam Name: Ameme
Real Name (Optional): Jonathan
Sex (Optional): Male
Residential Country: Northern Ireland
Current playtime on Garry's Mod: 1,394 hours
Current playtime in Skillzworld (you need 3 days): 2 weeks, 1 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes (Currently)

What languages do you know or you are in the process of learning? : My main language is English but I've learned a French for a bit over 4 years due to school reasons.
*To be a staff member you need to know basic English to be able to communicate with other staff (you shouldn't have to Google translate your entire application)*

--------------------------------------------

Who are the staff member(s) that suggested you to apply? (Optional): Nyanthasia, Yari, Danky

How active would you be during the week? : I'd make an attempt to join for 2-3 hours a day, possible 5-6 hours during weekends if I'm not occupied with school work. However I'd be active on Discord for a lot of time almost every day.

You need to be active on the forums, server and discord.
For the server, you need to have a certain number of logins as a requirement. This is shown below.
 • 20 logins a week is the minimum requirement to be considered active on the server
 • 80 logins a month is the minimum requirement to be considered active on the server

Why would you like to be a Team Member? : I used to be a member of the staff team but resigned due to a lack off time for moderation. However, now I'm finished my GCSEs so I have more free time due to less school subjects. I originally joined the server to help moderate newer players and help them follow the rules, but now I want to help the community since I've made a lot of friends here, and I want to give back to the community for helping me get to where I am today.

Write something about yourself (For Example: Hobbies, Education, Favourite games): I enjoy reading and drawing to help calm me down, but I also enjoy coding in languages such as C# and creative writing. I obviously have a passion for games too.

Answer the following Questions/Statements:

How would you deal with a Disrespectful player? : Firstly I'd tell them to stop being offensive verbally. If they ignore my warnings and continue I'd gag or mute them depending on how they're being offensive, and wait till the map change to check on them. If they continue after that I'd warn them for "disrespect" and mute/gag them again. After 2 or 3 more times I'd warn and kick them, then warn and ban them if they continue after that, based on the severity of the disrespect.

How would you deal with a Microphone/Chat Spammer? : I'd tell them to stop spamming verbally. If they ignore my warning I'd mute/gag them. If they continue after map change I'd warn them for "microphone/chat spamming" and mute/gag them again. If they continue this after 2-3 more times I'd warn and kick them, and then if they continue after that, warn and ban them for 1 or 2 days.

A player is Ghosting. What do you do in this situation? : I'd explain to them what ghosting is, and would tell them not to do it in case they don't know it's against the rules. If they ignore me I'd mute/gag them and wait until map change. If they continue after that, I'd warn then mute/gag again. If it continues 2 or 3 more times I'd warn and kick them, and warn and ban them if they continue after that for 1 to 2 days.

A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round. What do you do? : I'd ask them to get off the spot, and explain that it's a VIP spot and under 1 minute. If they either ignore me or continue it the round after, I'd slap them off the spot and tell them to not go up there again. If they continue after that, I'd slay them then warn them for it. If they continue this 2 or 3 more times I'd warn and kick them, if they continue after that, warn and ban them for 1-2 days.

How would you deal with someone Prop Surfing/Prop Blocking? : I'd tell them to stop it as it's against the rules in case they're unaware of it. If they continue I'd slap them or attempt to remove the props and tell them not to do it once again. If they do it again I'd slay them and then warn them for it. After 2-3 more times I'd warn and kick them, and if they continue after that, I'd warn and ban them for 1-2 days.

How would you deal with someone who is Prop Killing another victim/bear? : I'd tell them off and say it's against the rules. If they continue after that then I'd slay then and warn them. If they continue to do this 2 or 3 more times then I'd warn and kick them. If they come back and continue after that I'd warn and ban them for 1-2 days.

How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, Hack)? : I'd firstly ban them permanently for threatening, then take any screenshots or video proof to higher staff about the incident.

A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation? : I'd tell them to not use the English chat and tell them to go back to the Russian chat if they wish to speak in Russian. If they refuse and continue to speak Russian, I'd mute/gag them until map change and tell them again to use Russian chat to speak Russian. If they do this 2-3 more times I'd warn and kick them.

How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)? : I'd tell them to stop breaking rules and not to switch chats to avoid staff. If they continue then I'd warn them for it. If they continue doing this after 2-3 more times I'd warn and kick them.

What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules? : I'd message the player to not break the rules. If they continue then I'd warn them and either mute/gag/slap/slay based on what rule they are breaking. If they continue after 2-3 more times then I'd warn and kick them.

A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: E.g. Spamming, Begging). How would you act upon this? : I'd tell them not to use admin chat unless they have to complain about a rule breaker. If they ignore me then I'd warn them and tell them again to not use the chat unless neccessary. I'd also kick them if they continue, only if it's neccessary.

You see another Team Member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this? : I'd take screenshots or video proof of the abuse and take this proof to higher staff.

A player starts saying offensive/racist words on the server. What do you do in this situation? : I'd gag/mute them and tell them not to use words based on racism, and I'd warn them. If they continue after this I'd warn and kick them, and if the come back and continue, I'd warn and ban them for 1-2 days.

How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server? : I'd wait for 2-3 rounds to check if they are timefarming and then warn and kick them if they are. If they come back and continue after this I'd warn and ban them for 1-2 days and notify Core or Head Admin to reset the Player's points and playtime.

Terms and Rules

Do you accept the terms of the rules?: Yes.
Is all the information you filled out above correct? : I believe so.
Do you accept the terms of the rules for staff members? : Yes.
Did you read the rules and understand them? : Yes.
As a Team Member you need to prepare yourself by reading the #guidelines channel in discord. Will you do so? : Yes.

As a Team Member you need to join the Skillzworld discord channel. Will you join? : I already have.
Are you in our Steam group? : Yes.

Thanks for reading this :)