Welcome to Skillzworld
Hello guest, and welcome to Skillzworld! Register your account and become one of our members. Once signed in, you'll be able to create your own topics and posts.

Hwang's PBear Application(worse than i thought)

Coco OwO, 24th Jun 2019, 12:47am
You must be logged in to reply.
Nyan
VIP
26th Jun 2019, 8:36pmJun 26 2019
Share this thread
I will give you a chance at being trusted as you have had a real mixture of votes.
You will have competition for the slot for mod as we only have one open at this current time. So Good luck!

Edited,27th Jun 2019, 2:20pm
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵
Dankyy〜
24th Jun 2019, 5:25pmJun 24 2019
Share this thread
Hello Hwang'y boy.

Thank you for applying.

In my personal opinion your flaws are quite numerous for the first few scenarios as Mikey and Crispy have already highlighted. Situations such as chat spamming, VIP spots and Prop surfing/blocking are really commonplace on the server and really are areas I believe you need to know the ins-and-outs of. You get the general idea for most situations as Silver pointed out, but your responses require more depth as you have missed out some of the key details as Mikey again took note of (thanks Mikey).

It's clear you do have knowledge of many aspects of the server in other areas from observing staff, but again there are gaps in your application as of now which I personally believe are quite significant.

For now I will leave a -1 simply because I think you need a bit more time figuring out commands and how to respond to scenarios etc. in more fluent detail. You're an awesome guy so I would urge you reapply in 2 weeks because you'd make a significant contribution to the staff team once you take the time to remedy the gaps in your application.

If you do get accepted, I'd love for you to prove me and Mikey (the old gits) wrong though!

Good luck!

Edited,24th Jun 2019, 5:28pm
I like three things, crumpets, tea and a gallon of pee.
24th Jun 2019, 1:30pmJun 24 2019
Share this thread
Hi Hwang,

I have read everything step for step.

I personally think that these flaws aren't really too concerning. They are basically flaws that I see a lot of newbies do, so I am sure that you will get the hang of our protocols and what not. By time, effort and experience.

I would like to see you in action, so I am giving you a +1. Make me proud, and good luck!

Edited,24th Jun 2019, 1:32pm
24th Jun 2019, 10:06amJun 24 2019
Share this thread
Hey there Hwang!,

I read through your application and I noticed a few things, some are minor, some are a bit major, I will note them down below:

- How would you deal with a Disrespectful player? I would tell him to calm a little bit even if he talks on chat or mic, if he continues following a map change i would do the same thing but applying a warn to make sure he will stop. ( You got the verbally warn right, but if he continues to be disrespectful in the same round/map, be sure to gag/mute him, if he continues the next map, gag/mute him again and give him a warn. And if he continues again, it can be a ban, but that depends on how disrespectful it is.)

- How would you deal with a Microphone/Chat Spammer? Same as above, i would request to the player who is mic/chat spamming to stop, if he still chat/mic spamming i will gag him and i will repeat the same thing or apply a warn for mic spamming. (Same as the thing I just said above)

- A player is Ghosting. What do you do in this situation? Request the player to stop ghosting if he continues i would give a mute/gag on him and if he still continues on the following map change i would apply a warn to make sure he doesn't ghost anymore. (Be sure to explain what ghosting is just in case, if he continues indeed gag/mute him, and if he continues the next map, gag/mute him + warn.)

- A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round. What do you do? I would tell him to go down from the vip spot if he still go back in the same spot or another spot i will slap him and if he still trying to go up on the vip spot i would apply a slay on him, and if he continues after a slay i will warn him. (You got that partly right, slap the player if he is still in the vip spot, if he continues a slay. If he keeps on going on the vip spot in the next round/map, do the same but be sure to warn him too.)

- How would you deal with someone Prop Surfing/Prop Blocking? I would tell him to stop immediately, if he continues i will slay him if he keeps doing propblocking/killing i would apply a warn on the following player. (Verbally warn them, and if they don't stop slap them about 3 times, if they don't stop them slay them. When they continue the next round, do the same as before but + a warning this time since it's the 2nd time.)

- How would you deal with someone who is Prop Killing another victim/bear? Same as above. (Kinda, if he propkills someone be sure to ask if it was by accident and check the logs, if it was on purpose slay him. The 2nd time he does it be sure to slay him too + a warning.)

- How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, Hack)? I would apply some mute on him, gather some evidence for the higher ranks after that a warn and temp ban. (No, if someone is threatening the server, make a screenshot and instantly perma ban them, shwo the screenshot to the higher ranks and they can handle it further.)

- A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation? I would ask to my Russian friend to stop talking in russian and mentioning that he is in a English chat, if he doesn't understand me i would !movechat him and if he goes back in the english chat i would apply a warn for talking russian in the english chat. (Be sure to say he should type !allchat too, if he continues a gag/mute + a warning

- How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)? Well, they should listen to the staff and stop with what is he/she doing and if she/he doesn't want to stop, she or he can get warned or kicked. (You got that right!)

- What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules? Same as above (Correctiones!)

- A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: E.g. Spamming, Begging). How would you act upon this? Politely ask the player to stop spamming/begging as the admin chat is reserved for, but if the player has genuine problems such as being stuck or staff discussing how to deal with certain situations if he continues i would apply a mute/gag on him and if the follow player continues in the next map i would follow the same procedure but applying a warn. (Correct!)

- You see another Team Member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this? I would tell him to stop immediately if the Team Member still continue abusing of his/her powers i would gather some evidence and showing to the higher ranks as Head Admins or Cores. (True!)

- A player starts saying offensive/racist words on the server. What do you do in this situation? I would instant warn and gag/mute him for racism, if he continues next map i would apply a kick or a temp ban and making some screenshots to the Head Admins or higher. (Screenshots are not really needed, but hey you got it right!)

- How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server? Well, i would kick him after successive rounds of being AFK if they are re-joining i would warn him for pointfarming and kick or temp ban. (Be sure to look at the session time too! But you got it right!)

Alright ,sorry for the long read everyone, this is my first time doing this, so yeah, if I made any mistakes, please tell me cause I'm still learning too. Anyways, I 'm not sure what to think, Imo I see too many errors but I know you have potential and you care active enough from what I know, but unfortunately I'll have to give you a -1, I'm sorry man, I hope you still like me! Anyways, good luck and have fun on the server!

Kind regards,

Mikey (Mouse)

Edited,24th Jun 2019, 10:09am
24th Jun 2019, 9:54amJun 24 2019
Share this thread
Heyyy Hwang thanks for apply for be part of the team member!

Corrections/Mistakes :

How would you deal with a Disrespectful player? I would tell him to calm a little bit even if he talks on chat or mic, if he continues following a map change i would do the same thing but applying a warn to make sure he will stop.

Don't forget to gag, after a verbally warn then if he continues next map, give him a gag with a warn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How would you deal with a Microphone/Chat Spammer? Same as above, i would request to the player who is mic/chat spamming to stop, if he still chat/mic spamming i will gag him and i will repeat the same thing or apply a warn for mic spamming.

Don't choose for the third time, it's a gag AND warn ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A player is Ghosting. What do you do in this situation? Request the player to stop ghosting if he continues i would give a mute/gag on him and if he still continues on the following map change i would apply a warn to make sure he doesn't ghost anymore.

Correct.

A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round. What do you do? I would tell him to go down from the vip spot if he still go back in the same spot or another spot i will slap him and if he still trying to go up on the vip spot i would apply a slay on him, and if he continues after a slay i will warn him.

Correct.

How would you deal with someone Prop Surfing/Prop Blocking? I would tell him to stop immediately, if he continues i will slay him if he keeps doing propblocking/killing i would apply a warn on the following player.

Correct. (You can also apply a slap when you tell him to stop for he is noticed)

How would you deal with someone who is Prop Killing another victim/bear? Same as above.

Correct. But preferable to explain ^^'

How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, Hack)? I would apply some mute on him, gather some evidence for the higher ranks after that a warn and temp ban.

it's immediatly a ban and get a short video or screens like you said

A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation? I would ask to my Russian friend to stop talking in russian and mentioning that he is in a English chat, if he doesn't understand me i would !movechat him and if he goes back in the english chat i would apply a warn for talking russian in the english chat.

Apply a mute/gag when you warn him

How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)? Well, they should listen to the staff and stop with what is he/she doing and if she/he doesn't want to stop, she or he can get warned or kicked.

Correct.

What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules? Same as above.

Correct but explain ^^ because put "Same as above" is not professional

A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: E.g. Spamming, Begging). How would you act upon this? Politely ask the player to stop spamming/begging as the admin chat is reserved for, but if the player has genuine problems such as being stuck or staff discussing how to deal with certain situations if he continues i would apply a mute/gag on him and if the follow player continues in the next map i would follow the same procedure but applying a warn.

Correct.

You see another Team Member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this? I would tell him to stop immediately if the Team Member still continue abusing of his/her powers i would gather some evidence and showing to the higher ranks as Head Admins or Cores.

Correct.

A player starts saying offensive/racist words on the server. What do you do in this situation? I would instant warn and gag/mute him for racism, if he continues next map i would apply a kick or a temp ban and making some screenshots to the Head Admins or higher.

Correct.

How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server? Well, i would kick him after successive rounds of being AFK if they are re-joining i would warn him for pointfarming and kick or temp ban.

Correct.

You're a good player on the server and very kind and funny who always have good mood, you're also active and that's a good point, my vote is +1 Good Luck~
24th Jun 2019, 9:50amJun 24 2019
Share this thread
Hello Hwang.

There are some flaws which I occurred while reading your application:
How would you deal with a disrespectful player : After telling to stop and he goes on being disrespectful , be sure to give him a gag. And after mapchange if he still continues doing the same thing be sure to warn him.
How would you deal with a Microphone/Chat Spammer? : The first part is correct , but be sure to give him the warn (the gag is optional if he still continues) after mapchange.
A player is Ghosting. What do you do in this situation?: Try giving them an explanation first on what ghosting is. The other part is correct
A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round. What do you do?: Correct
How would you deal with someone Prop Surfing/Prop Blocking?: Correct
How would you deal with someone who is Prop Killing another victim/bear? Correct
How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, Hack)?: The examples shown are serious and must be punished immediately , so I would say firstly gathering evidence and then banning them asap. Btw you cant get evidence when you've already muted/gagged them.
A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation? As long as he's speaking english let it be like that. The chats are auto-joined depending on the region you're joining from so If he hops on the english chat and starts speaking russian firstly tell em that he's in the english chat , if he continues movechat them and if he continues to join and speak russian in the eng chat you can warn them.
How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)? This is unacceptable as they are breaking rules so after telling them to stop and they still continue warn and kick them
What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules? The same as i wrote above
A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: E.g. Spamming, Begging). Correct
You see another Team Member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this? Correct
A player starts saying offensive/racist words on the server. What do you do in this situation? Correct
How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server? Correct

My vote is going to be neutral for now. Ill let the other staff decide whether you're getting accepted or not.
Coco OwO
24th Jun 2019, 12:47amJun 24 2019
Share this thread
Steam ID (e.g. STEAM_0:0:11101): STEAM_0:0:438040462
Steam Name:Hwang
Real Name (Optional):Daniel
Sex (Optional):Male
Residential Country:Italy
Current playtime on Garry's Mod:290 hours
Current playtime in Skillzworld (you need 3 days):1 week, 1 day,15 hours

What languages do you know or you are in the process of learning? Italian,Romanian and i'm still trying to learn English.

--------------------------------------------

Who are the staff member(s) that suggested you to apply? (Optional):

How active would you be during the week? 5-6 hours.

Why would you like to be a Team Member? I would like to be a team member to help others and the community, i like to help people and make the game more fun to play.

Write something about yourself (For Example: Hobbies, Education, Favourite games):I love playing games, listening to music, i'm a very serious person when it's something very serious, my hobby is football, i play football since i was a kid and that was my favorite sport, when i will finish with my school and i'll get 18 i want to work in England,cause it helps my english skills and i want to know more people not just from my country, my favorite games are Age of Empires 2,Garry's mod,Halo 1-2-3 and GTA Series.

Answer the following Questions/Statements:

How would you deal with a Disrespectful player? I would tell him to calm a little bit even if he talks on chat or mic, if he continues following a map change i would do the same thing but applying a warn to make sure he will stop.

How would you deal with a Microphone/Chat Spammer? Same as above, i would request to the player who is mic/chat spamming to stop, if he still chat/mic spamming i will gag him and i will repeat the same thing or apply a warn for mic spamming.

A player is Ghosting. What do you do in this situation? Request the player to stop ghosting if he continues i would give a mute/gag on him and if he still continues on the following map change i would apply a warn to make sure he doesn't ghost anymore.

A player is in a VIP spot within the last minute of the round. What do you do? I would tell him to go down from the vip spot if he still go back in the same spot or another spot i will slap him and if he still trying to go up on the vip spot i would apply a slay on him, and if he continues after a slay i will warn him.

How would you deal with someone Prop Surfing/Prop Blocking? I would tell him to stop immediately, if he continues i will slay him if he keeps doing propblocking/killing i would apply a warn on the following player.

How would you deal with someone who is Prop Killing another victim/bear? Same as above.

How would you deal with a player who is threatening the server (e.g. DDos, Hack)? I would apply some mute on him, gather some evidence for the higher ranks after that a warn and temp ban.

A Russian player that uses text/voice chat suddenly left the Russian channel and then joins the English chat to speak Russian. What would you do in this situation? I would ask to my Russian friend to stop talking in russian and mentioning that he is in a English chat, if he doesn't understand me i would !movechat him and if he goes back in the english chat i would apply a warn for talking russian in the english chat.

How do you react when a rule breaker avoids staff by going into a different chat (Russian or English chat)? Well, they should listen to the staff and stop with what is he/she doing and if she/he doesn't want to stop, she or he can get warned or kicked.

What would you do if a player mutes and ignores a staff member(s) when breaking rules? Same as above.

A player starts to misuse the admin chat in the server (by pressing @: E.g. Spamming, Begging). How would you act upon this? Politely ask the player to stop spamming/begging as the admin chat is reserved for, but if the player has genuine problems such as being stuck or staff discussing how to deal with certain situations if he continues i would apply a mute/gag on him and if the follow player continues in the next map i would follow the same procedure but applying a warn.

You see another Team Member abuse their powers on the server. How would you react to this? I would tell him to stop immediately if the Team Member still continue abusing of his/her powers i would gather some evidence and showing to the higher ranks as Head Admins or Cores.

A player starts saying offensive/racist words on the server. What do you do in this situation? I would instant warn and gag/mute him for racism, if he continues next map i would apply a kick or a temp ban and making some screenshots to the Head Admins or higher.

How would act upon someone who is time farming on the server? Well, i would kick him after successive rounds of being AFK if they are re-joining i would warn him for pointfarming and kick or temp ban.

Terms and Rules

Do you accept the terms of the rules?:Yes.
Is all the information you filled out above correct? I hope so.
Do you accept the terms of the rules for staff members? Yes.
Did you read the rules and understand them? Yes.
As a Team Member you need to prepare yourself by reading the #guidelines channel in discord. Will you do so? Yes.

As a Team Member you need to join the Skillzworld discord channel. Will you join? I'm already in.
Are you in our Steam group? Yes, i am.

Thanks,
Hwang ~
trash