Welcome to Skillzworld
Hello guest, and welcome to Skillzworld! Register your account and become one of our members. Once signed in, you'll be able to create your own topics and posts.

Nyan's Pbear Application 2019

Nyan, 3rd Jan 2019, 4:40am
You must be logged in to reply.
6th Jan 2019, 2:49pmJan 06 2019
Share this thread
Your feedback is positive and therefore you will be given a week trial as VIP trusted. Congratulations.
6th Jan 2019, 10:19amJan 06 2019
Share this thread
Hello Nyan
thanks for applying, Lithium said the most so my Opinion is that you would be a good Staff. I would give you +1 and good luck ^^
5th Jan 2019, 11:15amJan 05 2019
Share this thread
Alright, I think I'm gonna be straight forward here since everything have been corrected so I don't have anything else to say. You've been informing staff members about rules breakers, also you follow the rules so I don't see a reason why you wouldn't be in a team, that's +1 from me, good luck ;)

3rd Jan 2019, 3:38pmJan 03 2019
Share this thread
Thank you so much for the feedback, I will take it all into consideration to improve myself in the future.
Krul
Admin
3rd Jan 2019, 6:41amJan 03 2019
Share this thread
Hello Nyan, thanks for applying. Lith has pretty much pointed out all of it, just remember to take it to heart. I am confident you can be a good staff member, so I'll give you a +1. Good luck~
Lithium
VIP
3rd Jan 2019, 5:51amJan 03 2019
Share this thread
Hello Nyan!

Let’s go over your app shall we

Disrespectful player/Spammer/Ghosting: I’m grouping these all into one as you nailed how to handle these. For really odd situations (I.e. where you wrote out of hand) don’t be afraid to ban for a day or two but use that as a last resort. You can still inform other staff about certain players as we’ll monitor them in case anything happens again.

VIP spot: Good, reminder if you need to use slay, it is also a warn.

Prop Surf: Good. Same with above but other way around (if necessary slay player then warn)

Threats: As trusted you can ban for at most 2 hrs, if you pass mod you can perma ban. If there is any threat, perma ban (2 hrs for trusted), get evidence and make sure you notify higher staff like Moma or Yari.

Russian Chat: Correct

Jumping Chats: There is also a pm function in menu that you can use to talk to anyone in any chat. All other rule violations and punishments apply and yes it is also warn for this.

Mute Staff: If they aren’t breaking rules, let it slide, otherwise if they are and still ignore staff then warn for original offense then kick. Looks like you got that one pretty close.

Admin Abuse: Correct

N word: Correct. I’d also consider perma if it gets really out of hand (I.e. spamming it)

AFK/Timefarm: Correct. You can also inform higher staff to modify point totals for Time farmers.

Outside of some minor flaws, I think you are ready to become staff. I will give you a +1 good luck. :3
Nyan
VIP
3rd Jan 2019, 4:40amJan 03 2019
Share this thread
SKILLZWORLD APPLICATION

--------------------------------------------

Information about you:

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:87949896
Steam Nickname: ⛧Nyan⛧
Name (Optional): Madalyne
Sex (Optional): Female
Current time on Garry's Mod: 745 hours
Current time on Skillzworld ( you need 3 days ): 1 week and 10 hours
Language(s): English, Chinese and Learning Russian.
Previous experiences as staff: I have been staff on here before and also on ReEzy's server 'Reckless Gaming'.

How often would you be online during the week?: Around +5 days, either on the server or the Discord. I will be more active around the holidays. I am not in education, so I have more free time as of right now.

Why would you like be a Team Member?: I have been on this server for a very long time, I have had to contact staff members in the past because players were breaking the rules. But also over time, I have come to adore this server and play on it a lot. I believe my skills would be beneficial for the community because I am good at working under pressure, available/active at any time, has previous experience, good at working in a busy/loud environment, responsible and a mature individual.

Write something small about yourself: Well I may act tough but I am also quite shy. I love to talk and have a laugh with friends. The hobbies that I enjoy are: swimming, walking/hiking, roller-skating and additionally sometimes playing my acoustic guitar. My favorite games are Garry's Mod and Destiny 2.

Choose an answer to the following issues

How would you deal with a Disrespectful player?: I would ask them nicely, to be respectful to other players and notify them of the rules. If they continued to be bothersome, I would then take further action by muting/gagging them, if they pursued after the map changed, I would then warn them. If the situation gets out of hand, I would then go on to report them to a higher staff member (admin).

How would you deal with a Microphone/Chat Spammer? I would ask them politely to stop spamming and keep the server enjoyable for other players if they ignore me and proceed to spam I would mute/gag them, if they persisted after the map changed, I would then warn them. If the situation gets serious, I would then go on to report them to a higher staff member (admin).

How would you deal with someone Ghosting?: I would refer/inform them to the rules and explain the definition of 'Ghosting'. If the were to continue after ignoring my warnings, I would kick them and follow up by a warn if they continue after map changes. If the situation gets worse, I would then go on to report them to a higher staff member (admin).

How would you deal with someone being in a VIP spot in the last minute of the round?: I would ask them in a civilized manner to immediately move to a non-vip spot. If they then pursued after ignoring my warning, I would slap/whip them off of the vip spot. If then the player returns to the VIP spot or another VIP spot I would slay them. If I notice in the next round they are doing the same thing, I will then proceed to warn them. Most people just forget or ignore this rule I have noticed.

How would you deal with someone Prop Surfing?: I would first advise they look at the rules, and explain that prop surfing is not allowed in the server and ask them to not do it again. If they were to be prop surfing or got to a spot by prop surfing, I would then slap/whip them down from the spot. If the were to continue after ignoring my warnings, I would then follow up by a warn.

What would you do if someone is threatening the server?: I would take it very seriously if someone threatened the server (this includes threatening to DDOS, etc). I believe in my mind this is not something that should be taken lightly. What I would do if I was a witness to this, I would report the incident with a screenshot or record them if they talk, ban and notify a higher ranked staff member of what happened.

A Russian player that uses text/voice chat left the Russian channel and joins the English chat: I would nicely ask them to talk in English or transfer to the Russian channel by typing '!allchat' (If they don't speak English, I could handle that). If they cannot do it or just ignore me, then I would move them to the Russian speaking chat with the '!movechat' command.

A rule breaker avoids staff with going into a different chat (Russian or English chat): I'd inform them that avoiding staff, then I would politely ask them to stop jumping between chats to avoid. If they keep avoiding, I'd warn them.

A player mutes and ignores a staff member how would you react?: If they have muted a staff member I would ask them kindly to unmute the staff member. If they ignore me, I would then proceed to warn them. If the were to continue the warn, after, I would then follow up by a kick.

You see another staff member abuse he/her powers or the server: Remind them kindly that being staff you have to remain responsible and mature and you are given powers to keep the server clean and happy for people, not to just abuse them. If they were to continue rudely, ignoring me. I would then gather proof and report the situation of them abusing their powers to send to a higher staff member. I don't take abusing lightly!

A player starts saying the n word on the server: I would immediately gag/mute and warn them. If they continued on doing that in the chat or in the next map, I'd warn them again and ban for a few days (e.g 1-3 days). I would also notify in the mod chat of the situation.

How would you react if someone is time farming on the server?: I'd first check if they are AFK and seen for how long. If they had been AFK for a number of rounds, I'd simply kick them. If I caught them being AFK multiple times, I'd start warning the player.

Terms and Rules

Do accept the terms of the rules?: Yes.
Did you read the rules and understood them?: Yes.
As Staff of the server we ask active members on Discord, and on the server will you be motivated enough?: Yes, I will be active on Gmod and Discord. I feel I am ready.

If I need to edit stuff, please tell me :)