Welcome to Skillzworld
Hello guest, and welcome to Skillzworld! Register your account and become one of our members. Once signed in, you'll be able to create your own topics and posts.

An alternative to 1 min....

S.Peter'86ShadowDragonLoliQueen, 9th Aug 2019, 10:12pm
You must be logged in to reply.
Nyan
VIP
10th Aug 2019, 10:45pmAug 10 2019
Share this thread
If the summer update happens the 1 minute rule will be implemented into the gamemode.
Dankyy〜
Admin
10th Aug 2019, 12:41pmAug 10 2019
Share this thread
Hi Beter! Thanks for your suggestion.

I can say with certainty that the one minute rule is intended to stay as it's been cemented in the Skillzworld rules for as long as I can remember. Also I think your concern with it being unfair to victims is warranted as individuals will focus their complaints on why the Bear can outmanoeuvre them so effortlessly instead. There's also the issue of new players not knowing how to access some of the more obscure VIP spots despite their new super jump.

People will still complain about VIP jump and VIP spots as victims because VIPs will still have a much easier time evading the bear, especially if the bear is a new player without the knowledge of how to conserve stamina. Furthermore, people who complain about the game-mode being pay-to-win need to understand that Koala needs to give reasons for people to buy VIP, such as through the current perks offered, in order to generate enough money for the server to be self-sufficient. The server runs off of donations and without an income there is little incentive to keep it running.

Adding to the one minute rule being here to stay, I believe I am allowed to state that the upcoming update will have a makeshift alarm whenever the server reaches one minute, something that has been coded specifically for Skillzworld and to remove the one minute rule at this time would have meant that the owners went the extra mile in implementing this feature for nothing. This feature will ensure however that people know exactly when to get down and will have little excuses for staying in the VIP spots while also revealing it to victims too who will undoubtedly question what it is. Despite being semi-unique to Skillzworld, it's something that the staff do not mind explaining and is a relatively simple mechanic in my opinion.

I was not able to cover everything as I am in somewhat of a rush at the moment, but hopefully I explained my take on the one minute rule in a clear fashion.
“ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪsɴ’ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛʟʏ…ʙᴜᴛ ᴍᴇʀᴇʟʏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ.
       ʙᴏʟᴅʟʏ, ᴡɪʟᴅʟʏ, ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟʟʏ, ᴜɴᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴʟʏ, ɪᴍᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛʟʏ,
       ᴍᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ʟɪᴠᴇᴅ.” ― ᴍᴀɴᴅʏ ʜᴀʟᴇ"
9th Aug 2019, 10:12pmAug 09 2019
Share this thread
Yes I am here again with one of my stupid ideas. XD

So this one is a little out there also. (I am sure Cookies is winding up right now... XD )

I have been long thinking about an alternative solution that could sort of dissmiss the need for the one minute rule. Maybe it has been suggested before, I don't know.
So my solution would be this: Give the bear Super jump (VIP jump) for the duration of the round. I know it's kind of unfair to those victims who has no superjump or normal jump, but life is rarely fair. Just the same amount of people who visit the server have been complaining about the VIP jump not being fair to new players or the ones who can't afford VIP.
Also letting new people feel how powerful VIP jump is might encourage them more to buy VIP.

Yet another thing that makes this alternative more appealing is the fact, that this 1 min rule is somewhat unique to this server. A lot of players don't even know about it when they come here to play because it's not in the rules which appear on the loading screen. When I first got my VIP jump and didn't yet know this rule existed I was often slapped or slayed by staff because of it. (Just ask Silver Monster or Krul....XD). They later explained to me that this rule is indeed enforced and I had to accept it if I want to play. I was kind of bummed, but it also made sense. It would really help though if it were included in red letters on the loading screen. Most of the time people, me included doesn't pay attention to the random text appearing on screen or the chat . Some also think they can just cheat it and no one will notice, but eventually someone will.

I only mentioned this idea to Ribbon (Moderator) so far, but she doesn't like it. T-T She says that giving VIP jump to ****s will not solve this thing because they also need to have skills to use it, which is true, but this server is called Skillzworld after all. Isn't it?

So hit me. What do you think about this idea? Is it out there like propsurfing or will you give it a shot? Also is it implementable at all or is it prone to bugs?