Welcome to Skillzworld
Hello guest, and welcome to Skillzworld! Register your account and become one of our members. Once signed in, you'll be able to create your own topics and posts.

Is there a way to get it back? ... The Little Garden map...

S.Peter'86ShadowDragonLoliQueen, 10th Jun 2019, 3:46pm
You must be logged in to reply.
19th Jun 2019, 3:58pmJun 19 2019
Share this thread
Well, he sent me the map in .bsp format and told me this (I'll copy paste the content of the read me file):

!! NEVER RE-UPLOAD THIS ITEM TO THE WORKSHOP OR ANY HOSTING TYPES !!

You are only permitted to use this map Personally Only for Personal Public Server Group purposes.
Any clients that tries to reupload the workshop will be removed based on the removal request.

Serve this map in FastDL only. You need to compress the map bz2 for smaller file size.

PLEASE NOTE:
Once I got my pc back, this map will be updated (and remade) and this will replace any title map with name 'ph_littlegarden' to prevent any unwanted issues.

So that's what he told me. Well it's hard to decide what counts as a personal public server group or if Skillz World counts as one. Skillz World is a public server, but I am just a player on the server, so it's not hosted by me, which I guess he meant by personal. Don't misunderstood me I want to share it with you guys, but I also want to respect the guys wishes. So if you guys want to use it you have to do it without uploading it to the workshop. So if you can do that and you can use this .bsp file I will send it to you.

I'll wait for your answer.

LordofCookies
Skillzworld Legend
LordofCookies
Skillzworld Legend
17th Jun 2019, 3:38pmJun 17 2019
Share this thread
Dont get your hopes to high if its removed then there is no way for getting it back he has to recreate the whole map again and he might not do it
13th Jun 2019, 7:25pmJun 13 2019
Share this thread
Well, I finally got an answer from him. He says that he will remake the map as soon as he gets a proper new PC. Unfortunately that may take quite a while, he says. He also said that he cant send me the old map because that was on his old PC with the fried mother board.
✫SilverMonster✫
Skillzworld Legend
✫SilverMonster✫
Skillzworld Legend
13th Jun 2019, 6:17pmJun 13 2019
Share this thread

S.Peter'86ShadowDragonLoliQueen - Wrote

Haven't had any responses to my e-mail yet, so I dug deeper and found this.

https://www.wolvindra.net/blog/post.php?topic=maps_removal

Apparently the guy is Indonesian and he took down the maps because of a social media incident. He took down every map that had stuff related to Indonesia . The weirdest thing is that I don't remember seeing anything on that map that I could relate to Indonesia, unless the map is a recreation of a real world place from Indonesia. However that seems unlikely. Every prop that I can remember being on the map is common items that you could find in various other gmod maps.

In an other thread he wrote that his pc's motherboard died in a power failure, so maybe that's why I didn't got any response from him. He also said that he might just quit as a gmod developer in which case I doubt we will ever see the return of the map.

I doubt anyone could've re-uploaded this map Nyan. Not without the author's approval. Any link I've found to the map came up with the same error: content not found.

Hmm well maybe we will not see back the little garden map :( or maybe it will be back some day.. I don't know, well if you have more news about it, give me a message on discord/steam, I'm interested about it.
12th Jun 2019, 3:53pmJun 12 2019
Share this thread
Haven't had any responses to my e-mail yet, so I dug deeper and found this.

https://www.wolvindra.net/blog/post.php?topic=maps_removal

Apparently the guy is Indonesian and he took down the maps because of a social media incident. He took down every map that had stuff related to Indonesia . The weirdest thing is that I don't remember seeing anything on that map that I could relate to Indonesia, unless the map is a recreation of a real world place from Indonesia. However that seems unlikely. Every prop that I can remember being on the map is common items that you could find in various other gmod maps.

In an other thread he wrote that his pc's motherboard died in a power failure, so maybe that's why I didn't got any response from him. He also said that he might just quit as a gmod developer in which case I doubt we will ever see the return of the map.

I doubt anyone could've re-uploaded this map Nyan. Not without the author's approval. Any link I've found to the map came up with the same error: content not found.

Edited,12th Jun 2019, 3:55pm
Nyan
VIP
11th Jun 2019, 7:19pmJun 11 2019
Share this thread
I'm pretty sure someone re-uploaded it :O
11th Jun 2019, 5:50pmJun 11 2019
Share this thread
I e-mailed the creator of the map. I asked him/her to either re-share the map on workshop or send me the .gma file. Waiting for his/her reply. Fingers crossed.

I'll let you know if I get a reply.
✫SilverMonster✫
Skillzworld Legend
✫SilverMonster✫
Skillzworld Legend
11th Jun 2019, 7:53amJun 11 2019
Share this thread
It would be nice to find back the LittleGarden map. For me it's +1 hope you gonna add it
Nyan
VIP
10th Jun 2019, 7:34pmJun 10 2019
Share this thread
Maybe if someone had a copy of the map (ph_littlegarden) in their addon's folder.
.gma file would be fine.
If you have the map, send it me.

Edit: I actually found a copy of the map.

Edited,10th Jun 2019, 8:27pm
10th Jun 2019, 3:46pmJun 10 2019
Share this thread
I miss one of my favorite small map, Little Garden. As I understand it was removed from the workshop for some reason. Mikey said it was becaue it was an old map. What is the real reason though we will never know. It so stupid a reason though if it indeed got removed just because it was too old. I could list at least 3 maps from the top of my head which were older than little garden and still very much played and loved. I could also list maps which have more bugs than Little Garden had. I also can not get over the fact that I can't play the map in single player either. This workshop system while it has many good features and allows stuff you downloaded to be updated, cataloged or shared very easily, it is still not as good as if you had the map for forever. Because if someone, most likely it's author removes it from the workshop then you can't play it anymore. While if you had it physically on your HDD, then you could play it even if it gets removed from elsewhere. The strange thing is I can't seem to find even a mention of it on the net anymore...